Calling leads can be a person’s worst nightmare. If you’re new to network marketing you might be thinking about giving up right now if you ever have to pick up the phone. I was the same way the very first time I had to call a lead, I was nervous, my palms were sweaty, and I was trying to think of any excuse to not make the call. There I was, the phone was ringing and my heart rate felt like it was going a million miles an hour! The lead picked up and I just started going right off the script, sounding like a automated message, I think I even forgot to say “hi”. I wanted to make that sale so bad, I did everything possible, I sounded desperate. By the end of the call, I was so worn out and the lead said “Uhhh No”. All I could think of was “I have to go through that every time!?”. Now let me give you some advice, calling leads doesn’t have to be what I went through.
5 Steps to Calling Leads
- “Time is money” I think everyone could agree with this quote. Try to keep your calls no longer than 5 minutes, if it starts to get too long and they are asking a lot of questions, be blunt and tell them “I’m sure you can respect me when I say that time is important to both you and I and if I have to explain every detail about my business to everybody that asks, then I would be broke”. Now another way to battle against the time issue, don’t cold call leads, it really can be a waste of your time and effort. The leads I am talking about, is the lead that put in their information into your opt-in form, someone that is generally interested.
- Have the “abundance mentality”, don’t be attached to the results, I say this all the time. You’re in marketing to help other people (in my opinion) which in turn helps yourself. Have this mentally engrained before you get on the phone, if your lead doesn’t like/want your product, who cares. You probably don’t want that person on your team anyway.
- Take control of the conversation, you ask the questions as if you’re the leader (you are the leader you know!). Qualify them to be in your program, you don’t want someone on your team if they don’t have the time to invest in it, do you?
- Tell them what to do next, YES tell them to go to your site, or watch more videos, or buy the product or whatever it is you want them to do next.
- Last but not least, let your program sell itself. If you belong to a decent program, they will have a website setup explaining everything through video and information.
Let’s take action everyone, calling leads doesn’t have to be scary, but can be very lucrative. When you call your lead, your telling them you are a REAL person that cares about them, that wants to help them. You need to have the “helper” attitude to achieve success in this industry.
If your wondering what I do, let me show you and help you achieve success in the online networking marketing world. The team I am apart of, genuinely cares about every single member we bring into the system. If you’re willing to invest the time and effort we will be giving it back in full!
If you enjoyed today’s post please ‘like & share’ this page so someone else can benefit from it!